Thursday, February 17, 2011

Backlog: Dream 12/24/2001

I was recently reunited with a Dream Journal that I had kept several years ago and had completely forgotten about. It contains only dreams that I had from November-December 2001, but there is documentation of at least one dream a night during that time frame. I wish I could remember and/or have time to record my dreams like I did then!
Looking through this old journal is both intriguing and eerie.
The following dream stands out, in particular, because a small part of it is a little like a real-life experience I had just recently in 2010, concerning a homeless man and a handful of small figurines. I wonder if the man in my dream was the same man I met a few months ago. it's a nice thought.

--------------------------------
Dec. 24, 2001

Walking down the driveway at my parents' house to catch the school bus, I find eleven small charcoal figurines in the gravel. Most of the figurines are in human form, but one is block form; hollow on the inside with a carved out top and small hole in the center of the bottom. The hole is filled with what looks like dried cum-- yellow glue?
Someone is there with me. This is very curious. The black of the charcoal rubs off onto the palms of my hands.
I see the yellow of the school bus through the trees. We run to the cedar tree at the end of the driveway to hide the figurines.
In my head I see an old homeless man searching for the figurines.

No comments:

Post a Comment