Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kevin, the piss cat

This apartment once wreaked to high hell with the stench of cat piss. I can't blame it all on Kevin, but he definitely contributed. Apparently during the renovation of this place, which happened during a few months before we moved in, the landlords left the deck door open (probably to air the place of paint fumes, cat piss fumes, etc) and Kevin would come and go as he pleased, pissing on whatever fancied him at the moment. That Kevin-- such an impulsive one; but also a creature of habit (as are we all).
Kevin, that little furry, gray, sweet-faced kitty; our neighbors' kitty. Kevin, that fucking piss cat. Once we moved in and he was unable to enter our home as he pleased (and also in retaliation of Peanut Butter) Kevin began pissing on all of the windows that he could reach around the house. Every morning the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and deck windows were flickered in fresh Kevin piss. And a couple of times, when we left the deck door open for PB, Kevin would sneak in and piss on walls wherever he could. Once we even found him inside our house and cornered him, spraying him with a water bottle until he ran out. He hasn't been back inside since. And the window pissing has definitely gone down quite a lot. I rarely even see him outside anymore. A presence that was once so prevalent has been made rare, thanks to a little water. But I know that he is always lurking, whether it be inside my neighbors' house, on the roof, or on my mind.

"We should probably close the skylight, in case Kevin decides to piss on it."

1 comment:

  1. I was searching in Google for "piss cat" (as you do) and your blog entry appeared on the 2nd or 3rd page of results. I'm glad I clicked on it as your anecdote about "Kevin, the piss cat" gave me a much needed smile, particulary the last sentence about him still always just being there lurking. Coincidentally, my name is Kevin, which makes the story slightly more amusing for me. Anyway... just thought I'd just leave a random comment to tell you that. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete